Forgiveness


I seem to be surrounded lately by opportunities to see, witness, or participate in forgiveness.  It has gotten me thinking alot about forgiveness.  To God, forgiveness is "easy".  I mean, He shows us forgiveness everyday, time and time again...every time we ask for it, He is gracious to give it.  In our finite minds, forgiveness seems so difficult.  We make it so complicated.

But really, when you get down to it, it is quite simple. And, quite frankly, makes us freer when we offer it. I had an incident just this week.  I will not go into detail here, but I will say that when forgiveness was shown and accepted, there was a freedom.  Suddenly I was breathing easier, walking lighter.  It has alot to do with the fact that I do not like conflict.  I have a really hard time when things are not right with someone.  I have an innate sense that I want to be "right" with everyone...at all times.  I know, it is not realistic. I know that sometimes time needs to pass for wounds to heal. But I still like things fixed.  I guess I am a "fixer".  :)  I also know that I find forgiveness easier and easier the older I get.  It goes back to the whole "life is short" post.  I think when those close to us die, we get a better sense that our time on earth is fleeting.  Seriously, we can go any day.  Bruce's mom went into a coma and never recovered.  We had some unresolved conflict.  It should have been fixed but we didn't have time.  My heart mourns that.  I know that she is in heaven now and hopefully has no hard feelings against us.  But still. My heart hurts for those few weeks that things were not right.  And then she was gone.  Like that.  And it was too late.

So, for now, I am gonna continue with my crazy way of always trying to keep things right with people, if at all possible.  Cuz life is short.  And I want to regrets.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP