Life is Short

This morning we went to the funeral of Jason Malouf, Mark Malouf's cousin.  He was 36 and had special needs.  When I used to work at SBC, he used to help out in the office and I had the privilege of getting to know him for those 5 years that I worked there.  He spent many days in the cubicle next to me, doing bulk mailings for me.

I have not been to many funerals in my life. In fact, I can probably count on one hand how many I have been to.  I have to say, that this one, by far was my favorite, if there can be such a thing.  You see, Jason loved Jesus.  Not only did he love Jesus, he lived his entire life for Jesus.  He told anyone and everyone he encountered about Jesus in such an innocent and tangible way.  He was passionate about the Word and his love for Christ.  In fact, I felt such conviction sitting in this service today to see how he shared this love with others.

It also got me thinking about life.  It got me thinking (I know, morbid as it seems) about when I die......questions like:
who will come to my funeral?
What will they say about me?
Will they talk more about my accomplishments, or about my passion for the Lord?

Bruce and I were in tears before we even set foot on the church campus.  As we pulled into the parking lot ten minutes before the service was to start, the parking lot was full, people streaming into the worship center.  For some reason, this spoke volumes to us before we heard anyone speak about Jason.  All these people came to honor this young man who had impacted them in some way in his short time on this earth.  All of these people came to honor his family because they have impacted them in some way. We could tell that this was not going to be just any ordinary funeral.  Every story told so much about Jason.  How he shared with others, how he served others, how he loved others unconditionally.

Anyway, what this brought me to is this: life is short.  I want to spend it loving Christ so that I can then love other people more.  I want to spend it serving others and not complaining about it.
Life is too short to waste on fighting over silly things
life is too short to spend hoarding our money or our things
life is to short to spend worrying about our looks or how our house or cars look
life is too short to spend doing much else but loving God and loving others, it's as simple as that!

And, thanks to sweet Jason Malouf, I am going to try and live that way from here on out! :)

Kimberly Adams Halfon  – (January 10, 2011 at 12:43 AM)  

Amen! This entry is so inspirational, Kim! In church today the homily was about if you live your life for Jesus then you will have real freedom because the things of the world just won't matter anymore.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP