This old house...

Sometimes we feel like we are living in an episode of the show "This Old House", only our house is not one of those quaint New England style houses that has lots of charm.....

Ours is a circa 1979 ranch style house with zero curb appeal.

Now, it has come a long way since we bought it 8 years ago.

We totally redid the kitchen and it seriously rocks.

We have painted the entire inside and literally made the whole house 100% usable.  We use every square inch of this house.  It is the perfect size and we would not want it any bigger, even if our family grows.

The backyard was beautiful from the get go, which is what sold us on the house.  It really was the only thing going for it at the time.  The fact that it sits on an acre didn't hurt either.  I know for some of you that doesn't seem very big, but here in AZ, that is a big!!

So, now we are trying to beautify from the front.  We have stripped the yard of all the lovely cactus that we hated.  We have a fresh coat of paint on it.

Now it's Brucey's job to turn the front yard into an oasis!  I can't wait to see the outcome!


Our house has truly been a great "party" house....

We have (with the exception of this year due to our construction) had a huge Super Bowl party here for the past 8 years.

We have had more kids' parties than I can count!

We have had kids' sleepovers in the backyard in a tent.

We have had baptisms in our pool.

We have had many dinners in the backyard.

Bruce had my 40th surprise party here!

We have hosted many church parties.

And on and on....and we hope it continues! We love entertaining!


We prayed that the Lord would use this house and He has!!  We look forward to see what else He has in store for us at this house!..who knows, maybe a wedding one day??????  :)











Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2011 at 8:49 PM)  

Yes I agree you have had alot of events at your house!!!

Ginger  – (March 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM)  

that house looks just like our old house on 108th and shea. I was a teenager when we moved in. Like in 1979. Wonder who built it. I did not notice when I was in it last but wonder if it is similar inside as well. So funny.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP