Nesting
Ok so I never would have thought that when you adopt you nest like when you are pregnant! I have been cleaning out closets this summer. I have been making all the bedding for our new little boy. I am dreaming of buying baby clothes, but just can't seem to go there yet.
It seems so strange to not know when he will arrive. I mean, we really have to clue. We are still waiting on that infamous home study. It could be months before we are even matched with a birth mom. And yet, I feel this need to prepare. For what? For when? Who knows, but I feel the Lord prodding me to just get ready.
This next stage, not unlike all the stages in an adoption, is really unknown as to how long it will take. We have several friends who have been matched very quickly with this agency. I have also heard stories where it has taken much longer. Only the Lord knows this. I am trying to rest in this fact. And the fact that He already knows our little boys' face. How amazing is that? He could be in his birth mama's womb right now. I have already started praying for him, and her.
Such a different process than when you are pregnant and have a due date. At least an inkling of when that little one will be placed in your arms. But I have to say, I am enjoying the unknowns. The excitement of waiting for the mail everyday, hoping this might be the day that home study comes. The excitement of thinking of the day when that birth mom looks at our profile and says "these are the people I wish to have raise my son." What a joy and an honor that will be for us to take on that task!
In the meantime, we wait...I continue to work on decorating his room. Dreaming of the day I can start buying him clothes.
Tomorrow Bruce and I are off to Victoria, Canada for a little getaway. He has work and I am tagging along. I am so excited to have some time with him. We are planning on eating some good food together and just exploring the city. And, I am hoping that when we return, that home study will be awaiting us in our mailbox so we can get onto the next step!!

Nesting is so fun....so hopeful. Enjoy! :)
It must be so hard not to know when... but hey, nesting really is amazing. My husband and I are starting to plan all that baby stuff and we're not even pregnant yet!
Many blessings to you!
Beautiful blog, btw - I'll definitely come back and visit you again. Maybe you could come visit me too!
Have a nice day and thanks for sharing such a beautiful post!
________________________________________
http://mustbeliberating.blogspot.com/