Matched

I can hardly believe that I am posting this already.  In fact, I have held off for a few weeks posting this because I just couldn't believe that we were already matched with a birth mom.  We just got all of our paperwork in about three weeks ago.  We asked to be presented to a birth mom that next week and were not chosen.

In the meantime though, I got a call from our wonderful consultant, Tracy at Christian Adoption Consultants (who I would highly recommend if you ever decide to do a domestic adoption!)  and she said that we had been matched with a birth mom in Kansas! We were shocked because we did not even know we were being presented!  God had a plan in this all along I think because I am not the best at waiting...now I am not totally sure that this was his reasoning though because I know that He doesn't always work that way, but I like to think that He gave me a little gift there. :)  After finding out a bit more info., we said YES and now we are ever so patiently (HA) waiting for November 11th to arrive so our little guy can come home!!

Now some of you may be wondering "why another boy? They have three of those!"  We just happen to think that we are really good at parenting boys.....not really, but really, we aren't sure.  We have always wanted to adopt and for some reason we have always pictured ourselves adopting a boy.  So there you have it.  And, yes, we did ask Emma if she wanted a sister and she replied, "no, I love having brothers!"  So there we go...and obviously God agreed because He found us a precious boy.  One that we cannot wait to meet.

We are having so much fun planning for this little guy.  His room is all ready.  I am registering...I mean who would have thought that at my age, I would be having a baby shower! eegads, too weird, but soo fun.  Baby things have changed so much since I gave birth.  I am a pretty simple girl and don't need alot of gadgets, but wow, it sure is fun to see what is out there!  I am having so much fun dreaming about having another little one around the house.  The kids (even the one that was reluctant at first about adoption) are so excited too.

We are praying for this sweet birth mom. What a hard task she has ahead of her.  We are so grateful to her for choosing life though.  For choosing to carry this gift.  This boy that we know will bring so much joy to our lives.

We would covet your prayers in the coming months.  That God would prepare us for this sweet gift.  That God would cover this birth mom with His grace.  That we would get our finances in order as this has been a tough year for us financially with Bruce's business issues.  We are not worried about that at all as we know that the Lord has brought us this far and He will carry us through till the end!  If you feel led to give to our adoption, you may do so at the right side of my blog via paypal.  We would appreciate it so very much.  Thanks for reading this and walking through this journey with us!

Andy and Kiara  – (September 18, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

I am so excited for you all! I will pray for you about the financial side of things, too.

Luke Miner  – (December 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM)  

Hi Kim, YouCaring would like to offer our fundraising website free of charge to "bring your son home." If you feel we could benefit your fundraiser, visit us at http://www.youcaring.com.

- Luke Miner, CIO

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP