Homeschooling

I seriously love our homeschool co-op.  I mean, where else do 10 or so moms gather together who are all crazy enough to home educate our kids?  :)

We are all so diverse too.  Some are really creative, artsy types.  Some are intelligent, studious types.  Some (like me) are neither but really want to be either or both of those.  :)

Eli's Family Tree
It has been fun for me to be in a "classroom setting" too.  I was not a teacher before I decided to homeschool.  I am not sure that I am the most gifted teacher either.  But there is something so exciting when you are teaching these kids and they look at you like you really know what you are talking about. (ok, maybe not the jr. highers, but the preschoolers sure do!)  And the best part is, I am learning right along with them! Who knew that guinea pigs originated in South America??  Now THAT is something they don't teach in public school!  Really important stuff that makes life more interesting!!

I am learning how to give grades too.  I have found that is not so easy for me.  I can grade my own kids' stuff, but for some reason, grading other people's kids is not so easy.   I just want them all to learn!  I just want to make sure they are getting what I am trying to teach them!  I really hate having to focus on a letter grade.  But, I do know it is important as they get older for them to get letter grades, cuz that's how it works in the "real world."

I am so grateful to be able to homeschool.  It is such an adventure and I am grateful for the time I have with my kids everyday. :)

familygregg  – (January 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM)  

Bradley and I are reading together...and so appreciate your heart and what you bring to our children and us.

Kim Thompson  – (January 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM)  

Dawn (& Brad:)- you are an encouragement to me..in many ways, not the least of which that you take the time to read my blog AND comment on it!

xoxo

Kim Thompson  – (January 25, 2011 at 11:14 AM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM)  

You are a great teacher! And I love how Eli writes his name!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP