Birthday Girl


Emma Claire turned 14 yesterday.

Seriously. 14.  Where on earth did 14 years go???

I think this is one reason why I am so into living each day to its fullest.  (or trying to anyway)

These kids are with us such a short time.  I am so privileged to be able to homeschool and spend everyday with them.  I really would miss them if they were in school everyday. Really.

One of the things I regretted the most when Emma was in school for two years was the lack of time I had with her.  I felt robbed. I felt like her teacher got her for the best part of the day.  She came home tired and having to do homework!  Now I get to hang with her all day, everyday! :)

Although she did tell me yesterday that she thinks I may be one of those grandmas who is "too involved."  uh oh...

Cuz Bruce and I have made a vow that we WILL be involved grandparents.  We have had some of both for our kids and we definitely like the aspect of grandparents loving on our kids.  We want to be involved with our grandkids and adult kids..but I do know that there is a fine line there....I guess we will navigate that when we get there.

Back to the birthday....we had a wonderful day yesterday....going to Kierland shopping (we both LOVE Anthropologie and had a great time trying on some cute clothes there!)  and then to one of our families' favorite restaurants, La Grande Orange.

Despite what everyone tells you about teenagers, so far this 14 year old is awesome!  I am having such a great time parenting her and seeing her grow into such a fine young lady!

Love you Emma Claire!!

Kaarin  – (February 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM)  

Sweet post. Love the mother-daughter relationship you have. What a blessing!

Live Abundantly  – (February 22, 2011 at 12:51 PM)  

Time passes too quickly! I love the daughter you are raising! She is so creative, witty and wonderful! What a gift she has been to all of us these past 14 years, and how blessed I have been to be part of her life!

Linda  – (February 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM)  

Such a great post for your sweet gal! Looking forward to having Emily and Emma meet, soon! :)

familygregg  – (February 22, 2011 at 3:23 PM)  

I really enjoy being around Emma. She is special.

Anonymous –   – (February 22, 2011 at 5:37 PM)  

You are one cool mom Kim! Your mom is smiling at the great job your doing... Glad to call you my cousin! But, seriously... you have a 14 year old daughter! Thats really wrong! ;)

Ken

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP