brothers, friends and girls trips
Eli made this sign for the boys to welcome them home after their hunting trip this past weekend. He really was lost without them, it was very sweet. He asked everyday, "how many more days??" Then the night they were to arrive home, he asked all night, "what time???" When I asked him who he missed the most, Daddy, Logan or Liam, he replied "all of them the same".. so precious! The first day back they were so sweet, all playing together and so happy to be back together. Then today it seemed that they had enough of each other...they were bickering before Bruce even left for work!! Oh well, I guess even best friends have bad days together! :) I am glad to know that they love each other!!
We spent last night at Sola Coffee Bar, at a fundraiser for our dear friends Cate and Sean Johnson who are trying to adopt their 4th baby. They have 3 beautiful girls from Haiti and are now trying to adopt domestically. They were being presented to a birth mom and if she chose them, they would have flown out today to pick up a precious baby boy. It was not to be as the mom picked another family. This couple has such a peace about their situation and brought up the fact that this baby and his mom were prayed for by more people yesterday than you could imagine. What faith in God they have that HIS timing is perfect and that HE will give them a baby, just not this one. They have strengthened our faith in so many ways. 5 or so years ago, we had a HUGE Superbowl fundraiser to raise money to bring home their three daughters. GOD (not us for sure) raised up $15,000 in one night! It was amazing. I have to say that even we were doubtful that we would be able to raise the full amount in one night. It was almost unreal when Bruce came out after counting up the money at the end of the night and told us that we came within $200 of our goal and of course at that point, someone threw in that last $200. Now they are faced with this seemingly daunting task again to raise funds for another baby. But this time, we are so sure that it will happen. God is bigger than this, we learned that!! :)
Lastly, I am going on a girls trip tomorrow! I am so excited!! Every year for the past 4 years or so, a group of my friends and I have gone to a Sally Clarkson conference. Usually we go to Colorado, but this year we are going to California!! I am so excited to have some time to chat, sleep, eat and be silly with my friends! We are staying in Newport, so that doesn't suck either! I always come back from these conferences refreshed (even though we talk so much I should be exhausted!) and ready to be a better mom!

